Mission, Vision and Values
The Mission of IMS is to offer an individualised and enquiry-based educational programme using the highly successful, proven Montessori Curriculum, developed by Dr. Maria Montessori and implemented in over 22,000 schools worldwide today. IMS aims to expand upon its position as the leading English/Chinese dual language Montessori school in the world, and to make this Primary curriculum available to all international families in Hong Kong who seek it for their children. IMS fosters an inclusive environment, where we appreciate the individual potential in every child and nurture their innate love of learning, thereby enabling them to discover their own personal excellence and fully develop their own individual gifts and talents through positive, challenging expectations, self-reflection, and purposeful engagement in the world. IMS values a diverse community and integrates parents into all aspects of school life, working in partnership to prepare children for success in life.
Our Vision is to build a diverse international school community in Hong Kong that is dedicated to the education and growth of children and their families. We believe true education offers each child the opportunity to reach his or her own full personal and academic potential, within the structure and support of a caring, respectful, and creative environment. We are dedicated to assisting children in the process of becoming the next generation of leaders who are well-educated, self-actualized individuals, committed to and capable of contributing to the betterment of the world.
IMS is dedicated to assisting children in the process of becoming the next generation of leaders who are well-educated, self-actualized individuals, committed to and capable of contributing to the betterment of the world. At IMS, we aim to cultivate children who:
- Have a lifelong love of learning and an exploring mind
- Are happy, self-confident, and comfortable with change
- Are competent in the skills of knowledge needed to succeed
- Communicate fluently in English and Chinese with joy and confidence
- Are well prepared to embrace the challenges of a broad spectrum of secondary curricula.
- Possess a strong moral compass and see to contribute to society in a unique and individual way.
IMS’ co-founder Karin Ann explains the Values of IMS and how, “In Education, one size doesn’t fit all.“
- STANDARD #1: VISION AND PURPOSE The school has a well developed vision and purpose, and the integrity of Montessori philosophy and curriculum is maintained through alignment to this purpose. The vision and purpose of the school has been developed through a collaborative effort that includes input from the school community and is communicated to all stakeholders.
- STANDARD # 2: GOVERNANCE and LEADERSHIP The school is led and supported by governance and leadership/school administration that is committed to ensuring student learning and school effectiveness through the implementation of Montessori philosophy and methodology.
- STANDARD #3: EDUCATION PROGRAM The School provides an educational program that is effective and consistent with the characteristics of authentic Montessori practice at each age level offered.
- STANDARD #4: RESOURCES The School provides appropriate resources to ensure effective implementation of its vision and purpose, consistent with the characteristics of authentic Montessori philosophy and methodology.
- STANDARD #5: CYCLE OF CONTINUOUS IMPROVEMENT The school engages stakeholders in a systematic process to evaluate student learning and school effectiveness contributing to a 3-5 year Strategic Plan.