School Closure Notice
Dear IMS Parents,
We need to let you know that the government and the Education Department of the Hong Kong Schools have announced the closure of all kindergarten and primary schools with effect from tomorrow, February 8.
Young people have been particularly badly affected and, in the past week or so, there have been 80 cases and two deaths amongst children. With the incubation period and overwhelming pressure upon the health services, the government has therefore taken the decision to reduce the significant risk of contagion by closing all kindergarten and primary schools.
We are currently assessing the impact of this decision on our school events; however, we would ask that you take note of the following:
Casa Dei Bambini & Foundation:
- Our Montessori Parent Evenings planned for tomorrow February 8 at the different campuses will go ahead as normal.
- Chinese New Year events are cancelled during school closure. Cooking session after the holiday will take place as planned.
- Chinese New Year events are postponed.
- ISA assessments are postponed until February 27, 28 and March 1.
- Sports Days planned for immediately after the Chinese New Year are postponed.
- All ECAs are cancelled.
- Parent Coffee meetings will be rescheduled as best fits for each campus.
During this time, our housekeeping team will ensure thorough cleaning and disinfection of materials and surfaces. We ask that everyone also remains vigilant with regard to personal hygiene by washing hands, covering your mouth and nose while sneezing and coughing and avoiding crowded or poorly ventilated public places.
The school’s administration and faculty will still be here to prepare for the coming months and can be contacted if you have any questions. We look forward to welcoming everyone back on Monday February 26 and all the exciting activities that await us for the spring and summer.
Thank you for your understanding and support as we work through this situation.