- What is the Artstravaganza 2019?
- When and where will it take place?
- Why is it important?
- What will this year’s funds cover?
- How can I help?
- How do I buy tickets?
- Is there a minimum donation?
- Are donations tax-deductible?
- Are teachers invited to Artstravaganza?
- What is the dress code?
Since our inception fifteen years ago, Artstravaganza has been our one and only school fundraiser. It is an annual event where IMS parents and teachers gather together to enjoy an evening of delicious food and wine, and raise money for the school. Proceeds are invested directly in the children’s school experience, to purchase items such as robotics sets, science equipment, wall climbing structures, gardening areas, Chromebooks, author visits, composters, and each classroom’s yearly wish list of enhancement materials.
The IMS Artstravaganza is the one and only annual fundraising event organised for the school. Proceeds are invested directly in the children’s school experience, to purchase items such as library books, science equipment, wall climbing structures, gardening areas, Chromebooks, author visits, drama workshops, and each classroom’s yearly wish list of enhancement materials. Last year, we raised a record-high of HK$1,400,000 in net income. With the growth of the IMS community this year, we hope to raise even more.
Proceeds from the Artstravaganza are used to fund items that enhance the school experience, through both capital improvements and the purchase of additional resources to supplement the core IMS curriculum. In the past, the Artstravaganza has provided seed funding for all four IMS libraries, funded the purchase of choral risers and sound systems, and afforded the teachers the opportunity to make personal enhancements to their classrooms through the Class Wishlists. After wrapping up the 2018 event, funds were distributed immediately to support high-priority fundraising initiatives: the Garden composters, the Lego Robotics set for Upper Primary, the South Horizon’s kitchen appliances, Musical Instruments for Aldrich Bay, and kitchen appliances for Mid-Levels campus.
This year, we are raising funds for exciting new initiatives, including:
- Set of chromebooks for our Elementary children
- Design Lab for our older children (3-D printer, soldering iron kits, laser cutter, etc)
- BRITANNICA encyclopedias for our Library
- Speakers for the Casa Classrooms
- Washing furniture for the Foundation classrooms
Our biggest goal is to have as many parents attend and enjoy the evening as possible! Our beautiful venue at the Hong Kong Jockey Club does have a limited capacity, so please sign up early. (You can purchase your tickets HERE)
Beautiful artwork that the children have prepared, either as a class or in collaboration with other classes, reflect the event’s annual theme. These Art pieces are then sold through an exciting Live Auction conducted by our team of entertaining volunteer Dads at the event.
In addition to the live artwork auction, there will also be a Silent Auction of exciting prizes generously donated by our community, and a series of School Related Experiences that children can enjoy either together with IMS teachers or using IMS facilities. Previous Silent Auction prizes have included Shopping and Hotel Vouchers, a week’s stay in a French Villa, a Slumber Party at IMS Stanley, and even the opportunity for a student to be Principal for a day!
Parents will also have a chance to purchase specific items from our “Wishing Well” that the School or Teachers wish to have. This list includes items such as a Nienhuis activities set for Casa or smart boards for our Music, plus many others.
Last year, we raised over HK$1,400,000 and with your support, we hope to raise even more this year!
There is no minimum donation. We are very fortunate to be supported by a wonderful group of parents who give however they can, whether it is through the donation of money or time. All contributions are much appreciated – no amount is too small.
• Bid for the Class Artwork so you can hang it in your home!
• Join a class group bid for the Artwork if as a class you wish to do so
• Bid for a prize in the Silent Auction
• Fund an item from the Wishing Well for the school or a class
• Make a Cash Donation
• Donate an item for the Silent Auction
*(We are soliciting Silent Auction prizes actively at the moment – please contact Maly Pena at firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to donate.)
Donations are tax-deductible as follows:
- Donations – In accordance with the requirements of the HK Inland Revenue Department, each donation of above HK$100 will be issued with an official tax receipt subject to the following :
- Purchase of Children’s Art Pieces – Any amount in excess of the value of the Art piece will be treated as a donation with an official tax receipt. The value of each Art piece has been set at HK$3,000, which covers materials, framing, and transportation
- Pledges made to the “Wishing Well”– Any amount in excess of the value of HK$100 will be treated as a donation with an official tax receipt
- Silent Auction (including School Related Activities) of donated goods and services – These are considered to be purchases rather than donations as there is an exchange of good or service for the proceeds, and therefore no tax receipt will be issued