Parent Teachers Association
Parents play an instrumental role in supporting IMS and its mission of providing an authentic, Dual-Language Montessori education. The IMS Parent-Teacher Association (PTA) was established in 2005 to support IMS’ special community of teachers, students, and families. Since then, it has become an integral part of that community. The vibrancy and warmth of our parent community is both a testament to, and an essential aspect of, the nurturing, child-centered environment that IMS provides for every student. The five members of the IMS PTA Executive Committee work tirelessly and dedicated enormous amounts of time, energy, and wisdom to build and support IMS’ community.
PTA Executive Board
The 2019-20 IMS Parent-Teacher Association (PTA) Executive Board is represented by the following members:
KaiChin Denyer Chang
The PTA collaborates closely with parents, teachers and the school management to:
- Provide a forum for parents and teachers to exchange views for the overall benefit of students at IMS
- Promote a sense of community among the teachers, parents, and students
- Enhance the educational environment at IMS
- Encourage parents to actively participate in IMS programmes and activities
- Assist in fundraising for PTA and school programmes
The PTA would not be able to successfully operate without the tremendous support of our parent community.We warmly encourage all parents to get involved for however much time they have available, whether it is a few hours a year or a few hours a month.