The Story of the Coming of Humans is the Third Great Lesson and it reveals the extent of time humans have been alive and using their three unique gifts before they ever developed writing. The children are filled with a profound gratitude for the discoveries that these anonymous pioneers made which inform our decisions, even today.
If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree.”
The Story of the Coming of Human Beings
The Second Great Story takes the children from the beginning of life on Earth to the very first humans to exist. The Third Great Story, The Story of the Coming of Human Beings, picks up where the Second Great Story left off and situates the children within their place as members of the Human species. In particular, the Third Great Story focuses on three very special human gifts: hands to work, a head to reason and imagine, and a heart to love one another.
Research in History
The interconnectedness of all areas of study comes to life as the children realise just how short a time human beings have been on this planet, and how long it took us to learn to use our hands to make tools.
Themes in History
- The Story of the Coming of Human Beings
- Personal explorations of Time (e.g. personal timelines and family genealogies)
- Timelines of Ancient Human Beings
- Fundamental Needs of Human Beings
- Research on Specific Peoples in History
- Human Migrations
- Ancient Civilisations of the Eastern Hemisphere
- Early Civilisations of the Americas
- Timelines of Civilisations